Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday Morning



I woke up early this morning and planted the flowers in my containers for the year. Yay! I was never a morning person until just recently, and I'm so glad I am now. I really enjoy the morning light and the feeling of accomplishment when I can get things done before noon, I mean, what a concept!

It was a wonderfully warm sunny morning, when everything is fresh and full of Spring newness. By the time all my neighbors got going on their landscaping duties I was already done with my chores, so I decided to sand down and repaint my sidedoor. I did this to the lovely tune of lawnmowers. This may be only the first or second time people have gotten their mowers out, so I'm still enjoying the sound. It means there's finally no snow! I'll take the drone of a mower over the sound of metal shovels on the sidewalk-- it was a looong winter.

After checking on my Petunias this evening, it seems like some of them are not enjoying the transplanting process. I hope none of them die. It's silly, but I know I'll feel like I let them down and did something wrong. But my geraniums which were planted earlier this week looked pretty crabby after they first went in, and so far none of them have kicked the bucket. So, besides the subtle mind games between the flowers and I this morning, today was a really nice day.

No comments: