Tuesday, November 20, 2012

recently...


My main creative endeavour for the last 19+ months has been the babe.  I'm just not a big things multi-tasker, so my photography work has sloooooowed down to a creep.  But over the past year, in no small part thanks to the project with dear Moa, I've been able to find weekly inspiration and have kept shooting.  No longer are they morning-long shoots with afternoon-long editing sessions, but each week I'm reminded of my second love, the one that will be waiting once the babe grows older, and I sneak in some shots and give my camera a bit of one-on-one time.
With my attention mostly devoted to other things, I still like to bust out the prints, the scalloped tablecloth, and the business cards for one local show-- the Nokomis Urban Craft Fair.  It's in my hood.  Friends and neighbors come visit.  The last two years the babe has made an appearance.  I feel a tiny bit like I'm still apart of things.  I always leave with a smile that lasts for days.
This year, I put together a little calendar, and by little I mean 3.5 x 5 inches, so not minute, but you know, a size that gets me going, cause I always want ONE more calendar around the house.  Many of the photos are from my half of the project with Moa and some were shot in the year after my last calendar.  Each one reminds me of a quiet moment from the last while.
During the show I met Sarah from i like you. i like you is "the cheerleader of locally made goods" and if you don't believe me, you can read their mention in Minnesota Monthly. ; )  Sarah and Jessica, thought my little calendar was swell, and I'm honored that they are currently selling them in their shop.  I seriously get warm fuzzies knowing my calendar is there.
So, I guess, this post is a thank you.  A thank you to the creative universe that gives me the opportunity to do all these little things that keep the dust off my camera while I'm mostly busy with the babe.
 
{click to enlarge}

Thank you, i like you!

(i like you image property of i like you)

2 comments:

Moa said...

Oh, what a beautiful calendar!

I'm so happy our project keeps your camera from getting too dusty, it's the same with me right now - I would probably not pick up my camera too often with all the moving stuff going on but our project makes me want to take at least a couple of photos every week so thanks to you for that :)

Kathryn said...

Happy thanksgiving to you sweetheart
And the calendar is beautiful!
Love kat x