White Snow, Bright Snow
by Alvin Tresselt
Softly, gently in the secret night,
Down from the north came the quiet white.
Drifting, sifting, silent flight.
Softly, gently, in the secret night.
*
White snow, bright now, smooth and deep.
Light snow, night snow, quiet as sleep.
Down, down, without a sound;
Down, down, to the frozen ground.
*
Covering roads and hiding fences,
Sifting in cracks and filling up trenches.
Millions of snowflakes, tiny and light,
Softly, gently, in the secret night.
Wishing you a white Christmas and a bright New Year!
You can find the book that includes the poem above here. I pretty much love it, don't you? Our first big snow came just like that, and continued to fall as we introduced the babe to it the next day.
I hope I never forget that day and those moments. Love.



2 comments:
Beautiful poem and lovely photos of Graham! We've had an extremely snow-covered December and it's continuing to snow almost every day. It's been a long time since we've had such an idyllic winter wonderland, so I'm enjoying it as much as possible :)
Take care!
Moa
If it must be cold and it must be dark, then I think there should be lots of white snow to make up for it. =) I'm glad you are in a winter wonderland, Moa! =)
Post a Comment