Thursday, February 6, 2014

hej . hello

Lest you think otherwise, my friend Moa and I have continued to photograph our weeks.  

A quick refresher:  Moa lives in Sweden and I live in Minnesota.  We met many many moons ago on Flickr and after enjoying each other view on our surroundings and the things that make us happy, realizing we had many likes in common, and after pretty much swooning over each other's Flickr stream for forever and becoming fast friends, we decided to try a weekly project together.  That first project, was called Two Girls, Two Postcards.  The next time we joined forces we shared Our Year of Photos, and last year we were at it again with The Weekly Holiday.

This year our lives (like I'm sure of everyone) have become increasingly busy and stressful, but we have found through it all that taking a moment for ourselves to look at a the underside of a leaf or the arrangement of our snack on the table, makes us stop and calm and feel good.  We might not have the time or the energy for a lot, but we do have a few minutes to say "hello" or in Moa's case "hej" to one another.  And really we are also saying it to our cameras.  They are our very good friends and co-conspirators in life.  Once you see the world through a camera, I find it best to never let that relationship fall by the wayside for too long.  Just as you would with any friendship.

Here are our Hej and Hello's for January.
(Moa's being on the left and mine on the right.)






Thanks for visiting!  See you again with February!

2 comments:

A Room of One's Own said...

Thanks for this great post!

Caris said...

What lovely photos! I'm charmed by the candle holders and the pretty blooms!