Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Yesterday it felt like summer...



...and blooming was the name of the game.

Apple blossoms are just beginning to shower down leaving candy pink mounds on the curbs. Our columbine is putting on it's first show after two years. And whatever-you-call-these yellow flowers in the trees at Lake Nokomis are full of tropical looking goodness.
Haha

Yesterday has been bookended by two chilly and cloudy days, but it was a beautiful peek at what's to come. I'm totally inspired. =)

11 comments:

OF SPRING AND SUMMER said...

Wonderful photographs!! Beautiful colours and light!
Ingrid

natasha said...

Meanwhile, it is so cold here at night (which is probably not very cold by your standards at all, heheh) that I can't sleep :( Boo!

Your springtime looks beautiful! I wish I could just ... lie in it and roll around, lol.

Moa said...

Oh the gorgeousness! I love these happy and spring/summerlike photos :)

thu said...

the pink flowering tree makes me happy :) lovely photos!

jacqueline said...

Dearest Shanon, these are amazing photos of such gorgeous flowers! They made me feel warm and they made me smile. Thank you so much for your kind comments on my photos! I really appreciate it so much especially that it's coming from yoU! I have such a long way to go and lots to learn from you! Have a lovely merry happy mother's day weekend and love to you!

Kathryn said...

That crab apple photo is one of my all time faves of yours Shanon. I love it too when there's blossom on the grass.
Kat xx

Leslie said...

Shanon -I just want to jump into that first pink blossom photo. Really gorgeous, thank you for some Monday morning motivation! :) xo

Killara girl said...

so lovely to see the gardens blooming. can't wait to have one!

Leah said...

Wow these pictures are stunning! You are really talented! Love that I found you!

Lori said...

This post just made me reeeeeally reeeeally want it to get warm and sunny again. Here it has been cold and dark. Your photos are so joyfully beautiful.

Eadaoin said...

three beautiful shots!! all these blossoms really make it feel like summer again, i love this time of year, you've captured the feeling of summer just beginning wonderfully :)