I have a feeling we won't be getting a spring here in Minnesota. The state had threats of snow flurries last week, now today it's 70 and sunny. Feels like we are going to fast forward to summer. That doesn't feel right. I like to be eased into things. I like the subtleties of spring and fall, the way they hint and what's to come, and they way they smell of change.There is nothing subtle about the changes around here. The arrival of Bub means that I have to really plan out my attempts to get some gardening done. I loaded him up this week to bring him outside while I worked on a flowerbed. I don't know if it was the sun or the wind, but he only lasted 5 minutes. Will it get easier?
We did take a nice long walk. The stroller is a magical bubble for him. He falls asleep and there's no bump I could hit that would wake him up. And today I was able to prune all our bushes and remove dead stems from the garden while the hubs sat in the shade with him.
My brain doesn't quite work the way it used to. I forget the names of flowers and I can't identify them by their new shoots as easily as before. I had to go back through my photo files from last year to figure out what was in some of the beds. That folder was where I found this photograph above.
So what if spring will be crazy short this year, or that I can't rattle off flower names. Bub and I will take a long walk and everything will be okay.
1 comment:
Bub is worth all the flowers in the world anyhow.
But I bet your garden still comes up prettily. Even with a few gaps here & there. Hey, get some garden gnomes to fill those in ;) (joke!)
Kat x
Post a Comment