
Hi there you! And hello December!Thanksgiving weekend we put our Christmas lights up on the trees in front of our house, and now I can officially not feel guilty when we turn them on each night. My favorite time of day has been feeding the babe his evening meal, with the colors glowing in the window and jazzy Christmas music playing. I stare at his face (in between doing my bizarre-o dances while singing off-key) and try to write to memory this time together. I can't remember what I did yesterday, so I'm not sure if it will work, but in that moment I know I'm so happy I could burst. Hopefully I'll at least remember the feeling.
Someone is now crawling like a pro, getting on the steps, and pulling up to stand by anything he can get his hands on. The whole "let's let go and see what happens" has me at once excited for him and freaked out. Shouting "babe, hold on to something!" pretty much has never resulted in him actually saving himself from falling on his butt, but we are having a good time.
He's exploring all the rooms in the house now, and today I quickly pulled out these little trees to shoot where I could also keep an eye on him. I'm hoping to get more done in the next few days or weeks. I'm kind of obsessed with where I could put them next.
Sweet little trees, sweet little babe, sweet little life. Don't get me wrong, LOTS of stuff comes up each day that is hard to manage. I'm tired, I haven't washed my hair since Monday, and I wouldn't know a real meal if it hit me in the face. But sweet it is just the same.
1 comment:
Hi treasure, I've been wearing my shawl alot in the evening and thinking of you. The lil trees are so lovely & good to hear G is having fun exploring new words within your home. Luv kxxx
Post a Comment