Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The First Birthday Party

I thought maybe you'd like to see some of the goodness from the babe's first birthday party.  And well, considering just about everything was handmade, I wanted it here so when I think back at how crazy I was, I can see that it all turned out pretty nice. 

We posed in front of our baby pictures, each of us when we were 1.  I still don't think he looks like either of us.

He fell asleep while everyone sang "Happy Birthday" and never even tasted his cake.

So many friends and family came to celebrate.  It's an indescribable feeling, the feeling you get when you see how much other people love your kid.

And now, overnight it seems, he's acting so much more grown up.  So silly and so smart.  We have the best time together, and I think back to last spring, when he was so tiny, and we barely knew each other.  All the flowers are beginning to bloom again.  It's like the world knows to celebrate.

5 comments:

Moa said...

Wooow! You're crazy creative and productive! :)

I love that layered cake and the matching decorations, most of all I love the photos of you and Ben + Graham as 1-year olds, so much fun to see you all next to each other. Sounds like it was a fun party :)

Shannon said...

In my 42 years, no one has ever thrown a party for me with that much attention to detail. He's a lucky guy. You, my dear, are a fabulous mama. xo

City Chic Country Mouse said...

Love it! I can't believe he's one year old already!

Kathryn said...

Loved this post sooooo much!
How special a day you created for him & that cake! Wow!
I loved seeing your home it's so uplifting & spacious and the yellow decorations made spring come inside.
Trust me I can see reflections of G in both of your baby pics ;)
Thanks for the beautiful card, I have it & the piccie next to me on my chest of drawers. Glad I could be a part of his 1st birthday.
Much love kxxxx

brittni said...

So cute! I love all the bee touches.