Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Afternoon at the Museum




Went to the Rembrandt exhibit at the Minneapolis Institute of Art recently.  
Was too chicken to take any photos in there, but I'm figuring I probably couldn't anyhow.  Getting tackled by security would have been oh so fun, but why interrupt the good time of everyone else?
Did a super cheesy thing and bought the hubs a wooden shoe bottle cap opener.  He is Dutch after all.
There is just that kind of soul that could get lost in a museum all afternoon.  
My soul is one of those...

2 comments:

Moa said...

What a lovely place! I love the feeling of light and airy space that usually exists in a museum :)

I didn't know Ben had Dutch roots. Have I told you that I lived in the Netherlands between the age of 7-9? I don't remember that much of the language but my favourite phrase that I remember is "stomme aapkop" which means something like "stupid ape head" - such a useful and delightful phrase, right? :)

shanon said...

That's hilarious! Of course he's American, but all his grandparents came from Holland, so he has a very Dutch background, whereas I have a Norwegian, German, and Irish one I think.