Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ahhhhhhhhh.....

Ahhhhhhh..... that's the sound I'm waiting to hear. =) That nice, exhaling, sign of relaxation, sound of "ahhhhhhhhhhhh" and it's hopefully going to be in abundance this weekend.

Which, by the way, can you believe it's July?! Freakin' July! When did that happen? I was all "do-ti-do," thinking "this is going to be the longest summer," when things started warming up here in March. Now all of a sudden it's JULY.

But now that I've notice time moving along, I'm going to really focus on doing nothing this weekend but enjoy the holiday. Eating tons. Drinking good things. Wandering aimlessly taking photographs. Dipping my toes in several lakes and a pool. Hopefully sitting by a campfire or two. Riding in a boat. Playing yard games. Reading a few new books and chatting with family.

I'm also interested in having these things play apart in the 4th of July weekend too:
A pair of
vintage shades.
A
tie dye tank or something else.
A double batch of cookies.
And a suitcase of maxi dresses.

So, if you are celebrating THE 4th of July, or just enjoy a regular weekend, I hope you have an "Ahhhhhhhhh" moment or two too. =) And I also want to say a big "hello!" to everyone new who has stopped by the blog recently! I'm not sure how you found your way here, but nice meeting you!

5 comments:

katie d. said...

Cuuuute picks!! I can't wait for a long weekend, either. I'll be excited to see what you capture over the weekend.

Moa said...

I think this summer is going by WAY too fast. Something that made me really stressful was a dream I had the other night. I dreamt that it was already the middle of August and that my students were coming back to school. I remember thinking in my dream that it was so strange that all of July had just rushed past and I couldn't think of a single thing that I had done during it, but there it was - autumn already. I was really panicked when I woke up, and then I realized that I still had about 6 weeks left of my summer holiday, phew! :)

PS. I LOVE the photo, so calm and beautiful. I also love that maxi dress. I think they are always pretty, but they just look like night gowns on me :)

Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Yep - I'm looking forward to some ahhhhhhhing and oooooooooing, and I'm definitely glad I found my way here to your blog.
Happy weekend!
Zuzu

Kathryn said...

Your photo gave me a moments relaxing just reading your sigh of relief Shanon!
hope youve had a restful time,
kat x
ps i love maxi dresses too, that one was really on sale wasnt it, are you getting it?

Lori said...

Yes. I am hopefully on my way to lots of ahhhh moments since we are leaving on vacation tomorrow morning. I'm with you on this post! :)