Monday, June 28, 2010

Garden flowers for you!



Hi there! Wanna come help me plant the ones in the last shot? The last time we had them the rabbits thought they were delicious so I didn't get to see many blooms. But this year I plan to put them down on the boulevard in the hopes that the bunnies aren't brave enough to munch on them down there.

I actually hadn't seen any rabbits at all this year, until the day I brought these home. Then two tiny ones hopped out of the flowerbed! Guess they got the memo that the treats arrived. =)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bunnies and deer are getting most of my blooms up close to the house this year. I wished they'd just eat the ones in the forest! :)

Yours are gorgeous!!! Have a happy day!

Hello Lindello said...

So pretty. We have 3 rabbits eating away on our vegetable garden this summer!

City Chic Country Mouse said...

I never knew we had so many rabbits until we started adding plants to our yard and finally figured out who was munching on them! They're so cute, I can't get too mad at them. Have a good week!

Eadaoin said...

what a pretty garden you have, it's lovely when everything is in bloom! i hope the rabbits don't ruin these lovely flowers on you, but it's oh so nice to see them on the lawn in the morning! in my parents house in the country very rarely they would come to the garden for a morning nibble, it was always nice to see them there!

Moa said...

Oh, these are so pretty! I can understand that it's annoying that your flowers get eaten by rabbits, I hope you'll have better luck with these! :)

Kjersti said...

You got such a pretty garden. A dream-garden I would say. Lets hope the rabbits isn't brave enough and jump in another direction.

Kathryn said...

Its so nice to see names i know above me in the comments, Eadaoin is a friend in Ireland, if you havent been by her blog Shanon i think you'd love it.
Your photo styles are similar i think.
I hadnt realised wild bunnies would come into your garden! we dont have wild ones doing that but our 2 have to stay either in hutch or wire run, unless we are their to monitor them.

Just as well they are not freely out on their own, as a few houses down the girl has a grey hound and it jumped over 2 fences and a hedge and got into our garden last week.

and came right up to the hutch and peered in at the bunnies!
they must have got such a shock, but at least they were safe.


This grey hound is an ex racer and they are used to chasing hares around the track, well not real ones but you know what i mean! its in ther genes to chase rabbits!

kat x