Friday, March 18, 2011

-a peek into my house-

While waiting patiently here in the last days of "bump-dom" I thought I'd share a glimpse into my little house.

Around here we like family hand-me-downs, scavenged finds, a little Ikea, way too much color, warm light, mirrors, and white accents.


I'm always so jealous of all white interiors with organically earthy accessories and worn to perfection lived-in-ness. I have yet to apply this to my own house. Paint chips pull at my heartstrings and I'm just not as cool as I aspire to be. Maybe someday, maybe someday...


<<<<>>>>

So.... get this. As we went into nesting overdrive this winter, ordering new couches for the living room, renovating the basement (and planning to move our current couches to that new entertainment space) and commissioning a new kitchen sink area with a stainless counter and space to put in a dishwasher (cause really, who wants to do dishes when there's a baby to play with?!) all our best laid plans came to a screeching halt this week. And it's just laughable. We couldn't get our old couches through the doorway to get them into the basement. Then we called the contractor to set the date for the installation for the kitchen area, only to discover that the counter top never got made!


I'm due in 10 days.

The new couches look nice in the basement for now. The kitchen will get figured out. The dishwasher is safely in it's box in the dining room. And I'm just a round happy lump.

=)

6 comments:

katie d. said...

Your house is as cute as you are!

Moa said...

I agree with Katie, your house is really cute! :) I especially like your living room, it's so cozy and the blue walls make it look so cheerful.

I can imagine the frustration over the things that are going against you. I hope all that will resolve itself soon. Meanwhile, I can't believe you're so close to having your baby - it feels like it was only yesterday you told me about little bub in your postcard :) I really hope everything will go well! Take care my friend!

City Chic Country Mouse said...

Your house is so cute Shanon! I've had that same problem with furniture before, they just don't make doorways large enough, do they! I can't wait til you have the baby, I can't believe how fast time has gone. Take care!

leslie said...

Your home is so cosy and wonderful. You are blessed.
I love your attitude too -perfect for these final days of solitude. I will be wishing you and your soon to be little one lots of healthy energy. xo

parrott design studio said...

Your home is so pretty! I love the colors! I agree, I always look at all the white houses and wonder...but then color just calls my name and I end up with an aqua kitchen and pink office. :) Home updates never go as planned...we are updating our kitchen and the contractors came to put the new countertop on and wondered why we did not cut a whole in the wood for the sink. Um, isn't that your job?? I hope the last few days are going well for you. I will be thinking of you! :)

Shannon said...

Your home is lovely, sweets. A real showcase of style. I can see how much of yourself you've put into it. :)