Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Black & White



I've gone tumbling into the world of black and white! Please join me in my shop's newest section, where more will be added soon.


Can I let you in on a little secret? I don't have very many of my own photographs up in my house. I have portraits I've taken of the people I love, and the work of many Etsy artists that I admire, but people are surprised that I don't have my own work in EVERY room. Haha I guess to me that seems a little self-indulgent. But last week I hung three large black and whites of my own humble work in my bedroom. I'm pleasantly enjoying the feeling that only BW gives, when you notice lines and shapes, and have quiet room to breathe. My shop full of candy colors may soon have some competition from some new
friends. Like I said, I've gone tumbling into the world of black and white...

1 comment:

Moa said...

Lovely photos! Black & white photography is a classic for a reason, I say :) It's very beautiful and the photos can give such a calm feeling. As much as I love b&w I also love sweet colours, so it's pretty much a tie :) I'm looking forward to seeing more b&w shots from you!

Take care!
xo Moa