Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring! & Kindred!



I am so proud to announce that you can find me on Kindred this Spring! Right now in fact, you can click on over to Kindred, a joint collaboration by Holly of Decor8 and Ez of Creature Comforts, and find my wallpaper all ready for download.
Kindred is a way for these two great ladies to thank their readers and I want to thank them for asking me to be apart of this special endeavor. Finding kindred spirits is what this world is all about. Finding a place where you can relax, be yourself, speak your mind, and share your talents... it's amazing. That's how I feel about this place called the internet. I've made so many friends, and I don't know where I'd be without you all! Happy Spring everyone!

Oh! I also wanted you to know that I will have copies of my Buttons print in my Etsy shop. When I was shooting this photograph for Kindred, I was thinking about what spring means to me.... and flowers popping through the snow really say spring to this girl. And what better to symbolize flowers than the pretty buttons my mom used making my Easter dress every year? And hey, they also sorta remind me of jellybeans. And if you know anything about me, you know my love of candy!


10 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow! I love you wallpaper for Kindred, it was the first one that immediately grabbed my attention!

Anonymous said...

What a great wallpaper. Love all the colors! :) All the buttons are really beautiful.

Moa said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Love the spring-like colours too... And I agree with you about the likeness to jellybeans :)

Sarah said...

I LOVE your wallpaper, Shanon! It is now on desktop :) Happy Spring!

Carrie said...

Shanon,
I just downloaded your wallpaper from kindred. I'm just craving color and I am also a button hoarder so this was perfect. And how fun to find a "kindred spirit" here in Minneapolis! It's so brown outside right now, it gets me down.

I'm sure I'll be back to see more of your art, come visit my blog sometime! (Although it's slightly grumpy right now)

Carrie

Anonymous said...

Totally cute! Congrats on your Kindred feature.

Anonymous said...

I saw your wallpaper on Kindred, it's so lovely! And I loved your "What colors didn't I select would be a better question"-quote... ;)

Anonymous said...

Great wallpaper, I love it !

shanon said...

Thank you so very much everyone! Your words mean a ton to me. =)

Kathryn said...

hi S, and many congratulations on being a part of kindred, the buttons picture is so cheerful and bright i love it,
kat x