Friday, November 27, 2009

I'm Thankful for Pink Twigs

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone here. Last year I wrote about how I'm not a fan of turkey. I think it's bland and dry and takes too long to cook. Well, I didn't come up with a solution to the cooking length this year, but we did make a pretty darn yummy turkey finally! Schmearing it with a stick of butter (on the skin, but more importantly under the skin-- and yeah, it doesn't escape me that that sounds rather gross) and rubbing a few tablespoons of smoked paprika, salt, and pepper all over these same places sure makes for a good bird. What a simple solution!

I'd tell you about the rest of the meal, but I'm sort of in a food/drink haze, and I'm sure you are either over it by now, or did not celebrate Thanksgiving in the first place, and will be a-okay if I just tell you about my walk today instead. Right? Thanks! =)

I took a walk along the river today. The Mississippi River is just a mile or so from our house. I was a little surprised at how few people were out today. It was nice though to have the quiet. I brought my camera because taking photos always relaxes my mind and the quiet worked well with it. I can't believe it is almost December because the walk felt much more like Fall. I'm DEFINITELY thankful for that. I'm good with holding off the "s" word for as long as we can.

A weird thing happened though. A woman out getting some exercise, (She had been getting frustrated back at her house because her daughter was trying to teach her how to knit socks and she needed to clear her mind so she could refocus and try again when she returned.) saw me photographing some tiny dead flower heads and asked if I was a nature photographer. Instead of explaining to her about my shop, and what I do, I told her I was just shooting them for fun. Is that weird that I didn't own up to my business? I suppose it was true that I was just there to have fun, but isn't it weird that I did that? Have you ever done something like that? If so, why do you think we'd keep such a thing to ourselves? I'm not sure myself... and my food haze is making it hard to figure out all the possibilities right now. But I'm going to make a point of talking about my shop next time, just to even things out. ; )

Well, I hope you've had a wonderful week. If you celebrated Thanksgiving, or just had a nice week minus the overwhelming amounts of food, I want you to know that I'm thankful for you. I really am.

2 comments:

Moa said...

Beautiful pink twigs! What a great colour :)

I think it's a bit typical that we often don't want to sound like we're bragging or something and instead try to make it sound like nothing special... But I think that you should be SO proud over your shop and the work you do!

Take care!
xoxo

Anna said...

I think you have most certainly earned some bragging rights!

Lovely site. Lovely work.