I had a goal for myself today, to shoot SOMETHING. Not a very detailed goal, no, but I need to set these simple goals sometimes. When I have these simple goals, it's best to come at them from the simplest place. So, I went in the kitchen, grabbed the first thing that caught my attention, and voila-- an onions photo! Then I noticed a little detail... all the hearts the bag makes! It reminded me of Moa's post. =)Then the doorbell rang. I heard the UPS truck drive away. Hmmm... I didn't order anything, did I? So I scurried out to check. (By the way, UPS person, don't stick my packages in the little pile of snow by the door. That's seems unnecessary. Really.) It was a garden journal! A huge, gorgeous garden journal from two wonderful friends. You might think that's a crazy gift to give someone in the dead of winter, but I'm not joking, I was already sketching flowerbeds, and scouring the web for ideas just yesterday. It's stuff like this that gets me through the time after Christmas, until spring. So, this was the most thoughtful and sweet present. And yes, I'm a baby, it made me cry. =)
5 comments:
What a gorgeous photo! And I hope you'll share some of your journal sketches thru the winter--I need some garden inspiration!
I love this! With the blue mesh :) I keep a garden journal and believe me..it keeps me happy..lol :) Why is winter so hard for me. xxx
Oh, I'm totally loving this! Gorgeous shot, gorgeous light and I see lots of cute hearts too :) And it was a very sweet present!
Simple is always better, including the approach to any book: read it or fill it up.
I can see why you cried!
Post a Comment