Friday, January 16, 2009

For My Love


I've got love and romance on my mind today. I wanted to find a new way to symbolize Valentine's Day. Something beyond the chocolates and roses. I'm a believer in finding the beauty in every day, now I'm also a believer in finding the romance in it as well.

This is what inspired me. It's where I found love and romance in my life...

*Temptation*
I can't believe I hadn't notice the complete gorgeousness of the apple until now! Apples say "love." Pure, thoughtful love, as in your mom suggesting you eat an apple instead of that handful of candy. Adoring, innocent love, like bringing the teacher one on the first day of school. Or the va-va-voom, seductress love of Eve, tempting you to take a bite. It's all there in a shiny pretty piece of fruit.

*Morning and the Cuff*
Something as simple as the hub's dress shirt hanging in beautiful morning light can stir up the memory of first date butterflies. Total romance to me. After years of marriage, and a sink full of dirty dishes, those butterflies (even just the memory of them) can get me through a lot! And ooooh, if the shirt still smells like him! You know you've buried your face in a guy's shirt at least once in your life ladies. ; )


So, I've added these flat notes to my shop. My very first flat notes actually. The images are available as fine art photographs, but Valentine's Day is a good old fashion "spread the love" kind of day and pretty cards are a requirement! =)

3 comments:

Moa said...

Oh my, I just LOVE that apple shot! There are such gorgeous colours and shapes to it... Oh, and, I think you're absolutely right that apples say love!

Have a great day!
Moa

Mrs.French said...

shanon...these are are wonderful...the words make them even more perfect..xo t

Kathryn said...

oh you did a wonderful job photographing that apple shannon, its made me want to eat it!
kat x