Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Little Corner of the World

How are things in your corner of the world?

My corner is looking a lot cleaner these days. I finally rearranged/purged my office! I haven't shot anything for what feels like weeks... I've had these two polaroids looking up at me, begging to be scanned in, but with the office torn apart, the scanner wasn't hooked up.
I've been feeling Spring fever. I know it's going to be months before I can get outside, I mean, it is Minnesota afterall. But Spring fever is causing me to give the house a good round of organizing and cleaning. When I come home with light fixtures, and armloads from Ikea it feels like Spring to me. Even if it is still January and the temp. is still below zero.

I may be delusional, but at least my to-do list is getting shorter!
Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

babies said...

hello, thank you so much for visiting my blog!

our place needs a good cleaning, too, but that is not even on my to-do list, i know it is impossible to clean it. when one room is done, the clutter is just moved to another.

about spring, i have always felt it comes in february, at least here. i think it is a bit colder in minessota.

Mrs.French said...

and it's almost February...a perfectly acceptable time for spring fever...I love these photos girlie...I just got an sx-70...at this point I just stare at it...intimidated for some reason? I need a decent scanner too...maybe you could help me with that? anyway, lovely post...I am babbling, but you have to know that even if you just mention it briefly...I miss MN everytime I read your blog...sigh...xo t

shanon said...

You're welcome Eva! Real spring definitely doesn't make an appearance here until at least late March. Whenever you think it's finally spring it snows one more time. =)

The funny thing, Mrs. French, is that I have spring fever, yet I still have my Christmas tree up. It's ridiculous! hahaha I need a warm weekend, so I can organize the basement without freezing to death. =)
Right now I don't like my scanner, so I'm not very much help. I need to tinker with the settings. Also, I tend to buy things that get discontinued!
New old polaroid cameras are intimidating to me too. Just the mere fact of the cost of film makes shooting scary. What I did was try to take notes of the lighting conditions/ambient colors/etc. so that I'd know what makes for the best shot. I'd still like a better focus, but I've yet to achieve that.
And yup, now I have babbled as well. I'll never let a person babble alone! =)

Anonymous said...

Oh I have that feeling for organization right now, my little corner is better then it was a few weeks ago, and when I am kinda feeling everything is in place... Changes come to my way and I may be moving to a new apartment before spring.
Oh well...