Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happiness is Blue

Happiness is blue because...
1. I went outside on Tuesday, after watching the inauguration coverage, to see my very own blue sky.
2. I bought some blueberries on Wednesday, after hearing someone speak with ignorance, so that I could enjoy something pretty AND good for me.
3. I captured these moments, and in a blue-filled diptych, they've made me feel creative today!

I've heard before that blue is the most popular color in the world. I always seem to forget about blue... but it's the workhorse of the color wheel, I think. Whenever I wear navy I feel a certain jolt, like saying "Ahh, hey there! I don't know why I haven't thought of you lately!"

Hmmmmmm... do you forget about blue? Or is it held in high regard in your life? In your home decor or fashion? Maybe you just have striking blue eyes, and that's all the blue you need. =)

1 comment:

babies said...

what a nice post and a great question: do you forget about blue?

my daughter has strikingly blue eyes and blue clothes really make them stand out, so i will never forget about blue, it reminds me of everything she is.

i love it in many ways, but sometimes i forget about it, take it for granted and when i notice it again, how beautiful the sky is, the water, all sorts of natural blues in my daily life, i feel sorry i fogot about it, and at the same time glad i was able to rediscover it.