Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Four Things

After placing an impulse purchase last night, I figure it's time for a soapy edition of Four Things!

What is it about homemade soap that is so appealing? My Great Grandma made soap, and I remember it fondly. I don't however, have fond memories of the smell. It smelled sorta like lard. But the soap makers on Etsy have me drooling over their creations. I mean seriously. You'd have to remind yourself that you must not take a bite out of the bar. Do you suppose that means the threat of "getting your mouth washed out with soap" might not illicit quite the same fear as in the good old days?

Clockwise top left:
Red Leaf Bath & Body Products-- Their list of scents is awesome. I chose orange sherbet, but basil lime is still calling my name.
Aniselle Bath & Body Gifts-- Catherine Filippelli's honey ginger bees are so cute, I'd have a hard time using up a bar simply because I'd want to look at it!
Alchemic Muse-- Takes the most wonderful product shots. Garden mint and balasm sound devine, but so does everything else, including this.
Naiad Soap Arts-- Has me drooling! Chocolate raspberry soap, wrapped like candy bars. Yum!

(product shots property of the individual sellers)

3 comments:

City Chic Country Mouse said...

Mmm, these do look delicious! My impulsive purchase last night were some cookies. Atleast yours is not as high in calories!

Red Leaf said...

The honey ginger soap really looks beautiful:) Thanks for featuring one of my soaps!

Unknown said...

Wow, those Naiad Soaps look sooo yummy :)