Monday, June 29, 2009

More Like It Each Day


"More Like It Each Day" is the name of the first hollyhock photograph that I took when I returned home from vacation/surgery. I'm trying to find things that will keep me in one place, keep me relatively still, and don't require bending or lifting. I thought I'd try compiling an outfit that is inspired by the hollyhock photo. It was harder than I thought! I have a new respect for bloggers who do it so often. You just can't seem to find EXACTLY what you want when you want it. But at least it was all done while sitting in my computer chair. That is the kind of "shopping" I need at the moment. I hope you enjoy it. And truth be told, I never wear shorts, so it's sort of a fantasy outfit in that respect. hehe

Sunglasses: RALPH oversized round glasses in orchid.
Necklace: Sheila Fajl goldtone circle link bib.
Shoes: BCBGirl leather wedge.
Shorts: OldNavy lowrise perfect khaki.
Purse: BananaRepublic leather ruched clutch in gold.
Top: Anthropologie ellis tank in dark grey.

(images property of individual retailers)

6 comments:

Melissa de la Fuente said...

I love it! What a beautiful photograph and a adorable outfit! Why don't you wear them? I think you should and rock this look! (when you feel better of course) :)
xo
Melis

shanon said...

You're so good at this sorta thing, Melissa, my hat is off to you! And maybe someday I will try shorts again...

And I have to say, putting this together really satiated my urge to shop. Posting it kinda feels like "wearing" it for the first time. Now I don't need to actually buy any of it. Haha!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the outfit, specially the shorts and shoes! mmmmmm

City Chic Country Mouse said...

Wow! Way to put together an outfit inspired by your photo! I love it! I don't wear shorts very often, but I really like that green color. If we ever get more than a few warm days, then maybe I can break out the shorts!

Moa said...

Wow, I'm impressed anyway :) I would never have the patience to roam through several clothes stores webpages in the search of the exact perfect outfit. Although if one would be forced to put together an outfit in this way before one went out and bought it on town, it would really reduce stupid impulse buys, so maybe that would be a thought :)

Mrs.French said...

this outfit could get me in so much trouble...xo t