

What's going on here...The paperwhites that I bought myself for my birthday are blooming. It's hard to believe these little flowers can produce so much scent. It's snowing today and it's such a juxtaposition to have lovely flowers blooming in the window.
And here is a question... could one ever tire of empty milk bottles? They are almost too "country" but not enough to scare me away. I like the idea of a vase having been more than just a vase at one time, but a relic from the past, back when the necessities were brought right to your door. In fact, I was born in the 70's, yet even in high school, I remember "the milkman" bringing our milk for the week. He'd knock, and if no one answered, he'd walk right in and put it in your fridge. Can you believe it?! (Well, besides the fact that I've never actually liked milk, and it was in plastic gallons at that point, that's pretty cool. One of those stories I'll tell my kids that will make me sound ANCIENT. lol)
Also, this fabric is a pillowcase. It's from a set of pillowcases that were on my parents' bed when I was young. I nabbed them when I was home this past weekend. I saw them in the hall closet and said to myself "Oh yes. These are coming with me."
=)
11 comments:
These are gorgeous Shanon! Absolutely....the light, the blues...beautiful.
xo
Melis
Gorgeous photos Shanon! I just love that flowery pillowcase! I lauged when you wrote about how you nabbed them :) Wonderful story about the milkman too!
how dreamy. love them!
lovely pictures... paperwhites are amazing, they are such a happy flower!!! ;)
Dear Shanon, these are gorgeous! I too adore empty milk bottles. :) So cute! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!
owe
i love that set. all there framed would look so gorgeous together!
I love bottles too! I was born in 69 and I remember the milk man. I also remember when he stopped coming and my mom was kind of upset that now she had to actually get milk from the grocery store.
oohh..is that wallpaper in the background? How gorgeous!! Hope you are well xxx
I love these old relics from the past! And I like the morning glories on the fabric. Being a gardener, it is one of my favorite annual vines.
Brenda
Your so funny Shanon I like your stories they remind me of my childhood, even tho we live in different countries IRS surprising how much of growing up is the same like the milk bottles at school-except ours was just in primary school.
Natasha did a post on toys one time and we'd had pretty much the same despite her living half way round the world in Aus! My little ponies and care bears it seems took over the planet in the eighties!
I nab things that were in the family too-those pillowcases are a great steal I mean find ;)
n night chick xxxxo kat
oh my! how i love these photos! my heart lept up. love your blog...so so pretty.
Post a Comment