My blog has been so full of pink lately! If you could only smell these cupcakes! The strawberry is, for lack of a better word, powerful. =) It without a doubt makes me think of the dolls we had growing up and reminds me again of the angst I felt because my sister and I each only had two. (Mine were but of course Strawberry Shortcake and Blueberry Muffin.) I'd go to my friend Sheree's house and she had ALL of them. ALL of them! I was so jealous. They looked so pretty on the shelf they lined above her bed. (Can you tell I never got over only have two?)So, I meant this post to wish you an early Happy Valentine's Day, but now I'm on the topic of 80s toys. If you grew up in the U.S. did you love Strawberry Shortcake dolls as much as I did? What were the popular toy lines in your country when you were young?
Mmmm... now I'm remembering my 6th birthday. I had a cake shaped just like the Strawberry Shortcake character! Guess that kind of links us back to the cupcakes anyhow. =)
14 comments:
I adore these cupcakes!! Can just about taste them too :)
I think I did a comment before about 80's toys as I remembered Natasha doing a post on my little ponies and carebears-which I had and loved! I also had one tiny strawberry shortcake that was scented!
I also liked Sylvinian families, Getalong Gang, and dolls.
I never had cabbage patch they were v expensive here
kat xx
I had one little grey momma bear that wore a flowered dress and apron, and one little grey boy bear with shorts and suspenders. Their little furniture was so cute too! (Wait, I think I also had a bunny or two?) I remember watching The Get Along Gang cartoon here! And I never had a real Cabbage Patch doll either. ; )
Oh, I love this shot!! I'm about to start drooling on the screen :) The pink is SO yummy...
Moa, I kind of meant to save it for our postcards project, but forgot in my strawberry haze! haha I'll find something this weekend though, I'm sure. ; )
I would love for a sweet strawberry treat right now!
YUM!
I loved my strawberry shortcake dolls. I recently watched my friends little girl and she had some. The smell brought me back...
Those look delicious! I had a Strawberry Shortcake doll, but I was really into My Little Ponies. Oh and I remember having She-Ra (Princess of Power!) and her horse which was pink. Oh the memories!
Dearest shanon, this is such a gorgeous yummie photo!! I adore Strawberry Shortcake lots! :)
Been so busy lately with preparation for chinese new year and valentine's but im so glad i finally found time to visit you here! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and a wonderful sweet valentine's! Love to you!
Have no idea what a Strawberry shortcake doll is but what I know is that those cupcakes looks so yummy! :) Beautifully photographed to!
Have a great weekend!
oh how i heart pink... and cupcakes!! your blog is soo inspiring and beautiful! i totally grew up with strawberry shortcake, barbies, and my little pony!! soo girly, maybe that's why i like pink so much now!
I really want to eat one of these cup cakes! I loved strawberry shortcake but I am a little bit older than you so hello kitty was my favorite!
I'm sending you all virtual cupcakes right now! (Virtual = no fat. Woot!)
I LOVED strawberry shortcake! I had the Apricot doll, and when I squeezed her tummy she blow me an apricot kiss. Now when I go to a toy store for I like to walk down that aisle so I can smell the dolls....it takes me back to my childhood! Your cupcakes look divine!
I love, love, love strawberry cupcakes, cake, shortcake (food & the cartoon/doll)...basically anything strawberry! I need to go make some now.
Post a Comment