Monday, February 2, 2009

Ruffles

I don't get along with dresses. We are not friends, and we avoid one another at all costs. So, when I needed one for a benefit in a few weeks I got worried. It's the middle of winter and pastey is my middle name. But to my surprise, flirting with me at BR, was this little number.

To quote The Sound of Music "somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must've done something good," because it was 85% off! Holy cows!

If it were always this easy...

5 comments:

Moa said...

Oh, this looks so pretty! Love the sleeves...

And 85% off!! You must have been REALLY good :) Hope you and your dress have a lovely time at the benefit :)

babies said...

your dress looks very elegant.

i have an issue with dresses, too. even with skirts and outfits other than pants and hoodies. i don't normally do things that require a dress and it's getting harder and harder to put one on.

so i hope your flirting with your dress turns into a happy relationship.
...............
i like your fresh approach with valentine cards. i am more than a little sick of doves and hearts. and the lines you wrote about apples and shirts are really beautiful and genious.

Michelle said...

Oh man! So wonderful that it looked good on you, I tried it on, and it was sad :( But it is soooo pretty, and such a deep discount.

Kasey said...

love it!

babies said...

you encouraged me to think over my wardrobe... and i wore a skirt yesterday. felt a bit strange, but i am doing it again soon.