Monday, February 9, 2009

A Fluttering Sound



I thought I'd share a couple photos I've been working on lately.
Top: A Fluttering Sound
Bottom: Apple Still Life
You can see them and their companions, as well as some nifty polaroids on my Flickr...

*sigh* It rained today. I loved every minute of it. There is still heaps of snow in our yard, and everywhere else in the city, but even so-- it rained. And it didn't freeze. It was wonderful.

I love working with the sound of the rain outside, or reading magazines with the sound of the rain outside, or laying in bed with the sound of rain outside. I don't suppose there is anything that doesn't become more lovely when accompanied by the rain? If so, please don't tell me. I'm on a high right now.

I hope your Monday was swell. Rain or shine. =)

10 comments:

kitty said...

I agree, the rain was WONDERFUL today! ;o) The kind of day where you just want to put on comfy clothes and snuggle up with a good book.

Lovely photos!

Moa said...

Oh my, these are lovely! I especially adore the apple still life. You're such a talented photographer, Shanon! :)

I agree with you about rain, it's so cozy. But mainly when one is inside listening to it. I can really like being outside in the rain too, but not when I'm going someplace having to bike through the rain and arriving there soaked through :)

babies said...

i started to really look forward to your posts!

you make beautiful photos, gentle and soft, yet still looking life-like. i think they are expressing a feeling of kindness the world has to offer if we look.

about rain: for me it is even better to walk in the rain and then come inside and enjoy its sound from the house, too.

Kasey said...

Hi Shannon, I am so lucky to have found your lovely blog!
wonderful pics.
xo

Rachel B said...

Your apple still life is really amazing!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Ooh....these are so lovely my dear! Thanks for stopping by my neck o' the woods today, it was lovely to see you there! I bet that dress looks fantastic on you and I love the sweet flirty one below as well!
xo
Melis

Jennifer Blattner said...

I love the rain too. It hardly rains here, so when it does, I just sit and listen. Especially at night, when I am in bed, I turn off the tv and read, just so I can hear it. We never get those long all day, lazy day rains and I so miss that. Something calming about it and it reminds me of home (Minnesota home).
You are so talented! I try and try taking amazing pics, but they just look like pictures, not artwork. :)

shanon said...

Thank you so much everyone for stopping by! I appreciate each of you. And I love your comments about the rain.

Moa, you always make me believe that your life is so sweet and charming. Even biking through the rain! =)

Jennifer, those "lazy day rains" are the best. They remind me of when my dad would come home for lunch before I was even in kindergarten, and he'd listen to the radio. (Probably the farm report or KOLV.) I hope there is something equally as relaxing for you when you are far away from MN.

Mrs.French said...

I used to feel that way about rain...now that I live in lovely Portland, my view has changed a bit...xo t
p.s.
I don't think I could love these pics anymore than I already do...sigh...

shanon said...

Thank you so much Mrs. French! And I bet the rain is lovely in Portland. ; )