Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Book Swooning!

Inside: "For those who pluck the plumpest, ripest strawberry straight from the basket; for those who believe raspberries should have their own special food group; for those who never met a blueberry they didn't like... This cookbook is for you."

Doesn't that make you want this book?
I've had Luscious Berry Desserts on my wish list forever. I don't make desserts, but if I did they'd be full of berries. Whenever I buy berries they never make it farther than a quick wash and then eaten. But this cookbook will test my restraint-- I need to make everything in it!
Not only that, but I need to read every word. Lori Longbotham writes lovingly about berries and their origins. It was a pleasure to read all the info she packed into this beauty. And a beauty it is! The amazing James Carrier shot the photographs. They are gorgeous. And who doesn't buy cookbooks for the photographs? I sure the heck do. =)


Luscious Berry Desserts: ISBN 0-8118-4414-5

(cookbook text copyright Lori Longbotham, cookbook photographs copyright James Carrier. published by Chronicle Books.)

3 comments:

Leacayoungart said...

Looks wonderful.

babies said...

so nice of you to post about this book. i am a berry lover, in fact they are the only fruit apart form apples and japanese pears i like. it must be a great book if you are tempted to cook the berries because in my house, they jump from the bowl right into my mouth.

shanon said...

Thank you Leaca!

Eva, it's funny how berries tend to jump into your mouth and never make it to a recipe! I agree. ; )