Friday, February 20, 2009

I've been Thinking...


Does February make you think or what? It makes me think. I think about which of the resolutions I made in the festive optimism of January 1st will I really focus on keeping. I think about all the flowers I want to plant in my flowerbeds, now that the snow is starting to melt. I think about this blog and why it's so hard for my to find a niche with it. I don't like that I go for almost a week without a new post. I think about my Etsy shop, and how I can make listings that will be reflective of the value I place on my work, and still get that work out into the world during these difficult times.

February needs beauty. After months of cold and dark, the sun shines just a little bit longer. The grass peeks out, and even if it gets covered up a few more times by a snowstorm or two, it makes it's appearance to cheer us on and to let us know that we're on our way.

I'm thinking I might try a change in my shop soon. February, and it's need for beauty got me thinking. It will really be just a tiny change, but I think hopefully you'll like it.

4 comments:

Moa said...

It's so great that February is coming toward an end... I'm longing for March and spring more than ever!!

I'm getting excited when you talk about your etsy-shop because I'm actually thinking of starting one of my own, selling photo prints. I've thought about opening up some sort of store of my own earlier, but it seems to be so much trouble. This seems to be more on my level, for now at least. I'm looking forward to seeing what little changes you'll be making :)

Hope you have a great weekend!

babies said...

for me, february is a month of transition. a very beautiful time. but we are waiting impatiently for the spring to come, so its beauty is often overlooked.

Melissa de la Fuente said...

What a lovely post hun....just beautiful, I am excited to see your tiny change.
xo
Melis

shanon said...

Happy end of February ladies! =) XOXO