Last Friday I attended the open house of Weddings on First, the bridal shop that my sister-in-law now owns and manages, and I got to play dress up all afternoon. Of course this was mostly through my camera lens, but numerous tiaras did eventually make it atop my head. Who knew tiaras were so much fun? Not I. But now I'm a convert. I'm thinking of buying one to wear while I do dishes. Totally appropriate, right? Okay, okay, back to the other reason I was there, besides celebrating my in-law's new adventure, I was fortunate enough to help decorate the dressing rooms with my photography. Yay! We agreed that they would make super swell bridesmaid gifts. In fact, a bride could purchase them straight off the wall if she happened to fall in love with a few right then and there. Besides the cake, the dress, and the tiaras, kinda makes ya want to get married all over again, doesn't it?
Monday, May 18, 2009
Petticoats and Tiaras
Last Friday I attended the open house of Weddings on First, the bridal shop that my sister-in-law now owns and manages, and I got to play dress up all afternoon. Of course this was mostly through my camera lens, but numerous tiaras did eventually make it atop my head. Who knew tiaras were so much fun? Not I. But now I'm a convert. I'm thinking of buying one to wear while I do dishes. Totally appropriate, right? Okay, okay, back to the other reason I was there, besides celebrating my in-law's new adventure, I was fortunate enough to help decorate the dressing rooms with my photography. Yay! We agreed that they would make super swell bridesmaid gifts. In fact, a bride could purchase them straight off the wall if she happened to fall in love with a few right then and there. Besides the cake, the dress, and the tiaras, kinda makes ya want to get married all over again, doesn't it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Your photos are beautiful!!! It sounds like a win win for both of you!
Oh, that looks so sweet! I love how they look against those pretty chairs and petticoats. Youur photos have a softness that matches a bridal shop and lacy things perfectly :)
Those are such gorgeous photos!! Sounds like you had sooo much fun! Thank you for the link...im looking for some wedding inspirations and ideas. :) Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!
Hi Shanon - thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Your blog is scrumptious! So much colour and inspiration. I will definitely be back!
Whoa, congrats! That's an awesome deal for sure.
yay! I sometimes miss wedding shopping too...your photographs look pretty in the dressing room...
oh and I have to tell you, you made me laugh out loud when I read your comment on my bicycle post...the visual is hilarious!!! and so me too...xo t
hi S, oh how lovely they look framed and on the wall. just perfect!
thanks for dropping by and your words tonight, hugs kxx
how exciting, Shanon! They look perfect & lovely in there.
Post a Comment