Friday, January 22, 2010

In lieu of a hood...

We've been planning to install a stainless steel range hood, but as home improvement projects go around here, it's been a year, and it's been put off and put off. Awwh, so it goes. ; ) Then I had a total *head slapping* moment of "Duh! I've blog about mirrors!" So, the temporary solution is now in place. It's Ikea. And I really really like it.

This spring I plan to paint the trim and all the cabinets white to match our shelves. Wonder how long I'll put THAT off? I mean, it is a skill set I know quite well, and there WILL be flowers to attend to in the garden...

10 comments:

Noemi said...

We don't have a stove range either and won't for quite some time. I really like the idea of putting something on the wall behind our stove and this is fantastic!

Thanks so much for sharing this :)

Hello Lindello said...

oh winter projects....I have a few on my list too. I always say I will do them in the winter, but it never goes as planned does it? I love the mirror idea btw!

kitty said...

This looks great, Shanon! Can't wait to see what you end up doing with the cabinets and trim...an all-white kitchen sounds divine!!

xoxo,
Kitty

shanon said...

You're so welcome Noemi! =) It's a quick solution, and it's not a waste, because you can always use the mirror somewhere else after you no longer need it in the kitchen.

Haha, sounds like you know what I'm talking about Kate. =)

Thanks Kitty! We are eventually going to do a stainless countertop, so the white cabinets will really give it all such a clean feel, I think. And now the hubs likes the mirror so much he doesn't even want to do a hood!

Anonymous said...

Man, I LOVE that mirror from IKEA! :) I would love to have it myself, but I'm not sure where to put it. haha.

ACreativeMint said...

Good job with the mirror! Thanks for stopping by my blog today Shanon -you are a sweetie.

Jennifer Blattner said...

I say do the painting now since you are kinda shut in the with weather and all, right?! No putting off!! Then, more fun when Spring arrives to brighten it up. :)

shanon said...

Wish I could help ya with that Kjersti! =) It would actually be nice in a bedroom, since you can hang scarves and necklaces from it...

You're welcome Leslie and thank you!

Haha, thanks for the motivating Jennifer, but I'd probably pass out from the paint fumes. It's too cold to open windows! =)

Catherine dee Auvil said...

It's good Feng Shui to have a mirror or your stove. I think it increases prosperity because it increases the good nurturing, warm energy of the center of your home (cooking stove). I have a vintage mirror above my stove : )

shanon said...

Oh, that's so good to know! And I think I believe it, because there has just been a real happy vibe there since we put it up. =)