Friday, July 10, 2009

Trend Spotting: Kitchen Mirrors

I've been tossing around the idea of a mirrored back splash in my narrow north facing kitchen for awhile and lately I've been seeing an even more traditional use of mirrors in the kitchen and think it looks great!
Mirrors open up rooms, are good feng shui, and make the kitchen cozy and personal. I think the current trend of range hoods invites a piece of art or a mirror because they show off more space on your wall than the standard over the range microwave/cupboard unit. I'm even thinking that it would be nice to incorporate several round mirrors into a wall display of hanging plates.
Am I just a vain mirror lover? Or do you like the idea of hanging a mirror in the kitchen too?




(top to bottom: House Beautiful, Southern Living, Sunday Suppers)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great post Shanon! so perfect for me right now, as I am also considering a backsplash for my kitchen but I hadnt thought of mirrors! I really 'heart' this idea.

Shannon said...

It looks cool, but since I can't do a good job cleaning mirrors in non-greasy places, I think I'll steer clear. :)