Thursday, April 8, 2010

Another styling challenge...

I'm ONLY a week late with March's styling challenge for Holly's group. I'm blaming the rain last week. At the moment I don't remember if it rained, but that's my story. ; )

Shooting this vintage folding chair (I have 2) reminds me of shopping for them with my grandparents. I was living in California at the time and they came to visit. We dug and dug and dug through the used furniture shop until we found them. We actually found 4, and I think to this day both my grandma and I regret only buying 2.


(That story actually reminds me of hitting garage sales with my grandma when I was really really little. But I'll save that for another day.)


Lastly, I'm reminded that I'd really like a wooden chaise for the backyard. I want to park it near the lilac bush and take naps and read on it all summer. Wouldn't a double one be swell? Not to mention romantic. =)


3 comments:

City Chic Country Mouse said...

Love these! I am anxious to add planters and furniture to our new deck. Keeping my fingers crossed for some nice weather this weekend to spray paint our patio set which I am going to make due with for now. Are you enjoying your yard? Can you believe we got through March without snow!

Moa said...

Such pretty styling, I like the necklace around the vase :)

I'm LOVING that Pottery Barn chaise... so fabulous and goodlooking. It feels like something a Hollywood actress in the 40's and 50's would sunbathe in :)

Hello Lindello said...

This turned out great! I really love that vase.