All my red tulips are gone. I put them in sort of as filler between the rainbow of other colors I planted, but now I am completely and totally fascinated by red tulips. They seemed so stereotypical before, but now I get it. They are classics. Perfection. I about broke my neck staring at someone else's yard-full this morning. Love.
P.S. The iris and peony buds are helping me get over this loss. =)
6 comments:
Your photographs are so stunning. Your love affair with flowers just shines through in all your photos. My tulips are still hanging in there. We brought back the most amazing tulips from Holland that make me want to cry they are so perfect.
I think red tulips are so pretty...
You know what - today when we woke up it had snowed. SNOWED! I'm so bummed, but I'm hoping it'll be gone in a few hours...
Hope you'll have a lovely Friday!
Thank you for always sharing your flowers with us! I don't have any tulips, but next year that will be a different story! Happy Friday!
Lori, my red ones were the 2nd to come up and they were huge! Like over 4 inch tall petals. So gorgeous! Now I've got lots of blueish purple, pink, yellow, and orange... but dang, those red ones really pampered me. =)
Moa, you're joking! I'm sorry! Geesh, you need sunshine. xoxo
Jamie, you'll love it. They are easy to plant cause you just dump a bunch on a hole with some bone meal. I'll help! =) It's so amazing the next spring. I try to remember that when I don't want to plant them.
I'm so jealous of your peonies! I wish I could grow them.
Red tulips are so pretty. Loving your flower photos lots! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend and love to you!
Post a Comment