Monday, September 21, 2009

I *heart* Gourmet




Lucky me! My October issue of Gourmet magazine arrived today! No magazine is as yummy as Gourmet. The photography is a total feast. I really, really, really enjoy my Martha and Real Simple, but for straight up gorgeous food photos nothing beats the deep, edgy, gorgeousness that Gourmet does. I highly suggest getting yourself some issues to cuddle up with this winter. I consume the photos during the summer, and then when it's cold and grey, and I'm stuck inside, I get caught up on the articles. The writing is fantastic. I want to travel to every single place I read about. And eat everything. Then travel some more. And maybe, just maybe, take some shots that look 1/10 as great as those within my fave magazine...

(Photograph credits, top to bottom: Romula Yanes, John Kernick, Romula Yanes, Tara Donne.)

4 comments:

Hello Lindello said...

I should not have read this until after lunch. Those sandwiches look amazing!

City Chic Country Mouse said...

If you read Gourmet, does that mean you cook gourmet? Maybe we'll have to have breakfast at your house next time if that's the case :) Thanks again for the gorgeous flowers! Happy Monday!

shanon said...

Haha, so sorry Lindello! =)

My kitchen is too small, Jamie, or else I'd be gourmet central! Haha Yeah right. But I do love cooking and experimenting... I just haven't had much of a chance in our small kitchen. Maybe when we put in new counter tops and I get more space? But I have to leave the breakfasts to you. You are the waffle queen. Yum! (I actually wish I had some again today!)

jacqueline said...

These are such lovely yummie photos! Thanks for sharing and i am gonna check out this magazine! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to yoU!