Monday, September 14, 2009

Zinnia petals look like parrot feathers. (And I want something in canary yellow.)

How was your weekend? Was it warm where you are? It was warm here. Warm enough where I sort of got frustrated with it. Did someone forget to flip the switch here now that we are in September? Isn't it suppose to be cool? I mean, college football has started, tulip bulbs are lining the garden center shelves. Clearly it's not suppose to be 80 degrees with 60% humidity.

If it was cooler, I'd feel that it's okay to rip out these zinnias and get going on all the transplanting and dividing that I need to do. But the way it is now, I can't do it. 1, because I have a really hard time cutting down flowers in bloom. And 2, because I'm soooo over sweating in the garden.


P.S. I really want this jacket. I love the whole "pep band" thing that I've been seeing lately, and this seems to only have hints of it, giving the jacket longevity after the fad has past. And really, I only need more excuses to buy another jacket. Thanks J. Crew!

2 comments:

Moa said...

Oh, that's a really sweet jacket! I'm kind of longing for fall now, the leaves are starting to turn yellow and the air is cool but it's still not that cold outside. I'm longing for scarves and gloves :)

jacqueline said...

I had a great weekend. :)
That is a really pretty jacket! Lovely color. Have a lovely merry happy day and love to yoU!