Hiya! How did your week go? It's Friday, can you believe it? I had a nice week... you saw the flowers I ordered in my last post, and I got some yard work taken care of. Baby steps, it's still hot out, and I refuse to sweat doing Fall chores. It's suppose to be cool when you do them, which means they can wait for now, right? Last night the hubs and I played Blokus. It took a week to get him to play with me. He said "next Thursday" thinking that maybe I'd forget. Ummmm.... really? Does he even know me? So everyday I reminded him of the countdown. And finally last night the battle was on! Let me preface what I'm going to tell you with this, he is a computer game nerd. He is a critical thinking, puzzle understanding, "3 moves ahead of you" kind of freak. But guess what. Last night I won. I won. I WON! Woo-hoo! I've never won before. My victory dance included swinging an imaginary lasso and playing an imaginary trombone. I even broke out into moves quite similar to those seen here.
Now today my victory dance has turned into a happy dance (nothing wrong with dancing the week to an end, I say!) because I got a surprise email last night that may very well result in a wonderful opportunity. I will keep you posted if things go accordingly. But for now, I'll leave you with a bright and cheery photo.
Feel free to steal my victory dance moves.
5 comments:
You're funny- can't wait to hear what it is! Have a great weekend Shanon.
My husband is such a math nerd that any game that only requires probability and no luck I end up losing so I don't like to play with him. Congrats on your win! Hey, if you are not busy this weekend or next, it would be great to get together! Just email me. Have a great one!
Haha, I love your victory dance routine! :) With us it's the opposite, my husband likes to play different board games and I'm just not into it. Except for Cluedo, I really love that :)
Shanon, love your victory dance routine. :) Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!
I have never heard of this game (we will probably get it in about five years or so) but given that my brain is devoid of logic, I will probably be no good at it, so no need for your super cute sounding victory dance moves ;)
Oh and PS I went ahead and got my hair cut, OMG. It has gone from well below my shoulders to chin-length!!! All I can say is be very very sure if you decide to get yours cut, lol. I spent all of yesterday berating myself, heheh.
Post a Comment