Monday, October 19, 2009

The Garden Revisited

We took what will probably be the last walk through Longfellow Garden for the year yesterday. There is something romantic and wistful about a garden in autumn, when it's been stripped of all it's fanfare. So many of the beds were already overturned and the ones that weren't contained skeletons of summer, which were in their own way just as beautiful. It's been a dreary fall, raining so much, and we've already had snow a good two times... but yesterday was a nice day. I'm committing it to memory, hoping it will get me through at least a few of the winter months.

Oh! And guess what, I even got to rub a fuzzy black and orange caterpiller! I haven't done that since I was in grade school! Loved it.






P.S. Stay tuned. I have a special announcement coming, and I know you are really going to like it.
; )

10 comments:

parrott design studio said...

so lovely. today we saw the sun for the first time in over a week! it has been a wet fall here as well. can't wait to hear the announcement!

Unknown said...

gorgeous... very soothing and inspiring! love those fall colors!

City Chic Country Mouse said...

You captured yesterday beautifully! It was so nice after what was such a yucky week weather-wise. Can't wait to hear what you are going to share with us :)

Hello Lindello said...

We enjoyed yesterdays sun too! Sure beats todays gloomy grey weather.

leslie said...

so pretty and I can't wait to find out what you are announcing :)

jacqueline said...

WOW these are soo gorgeous and lovely! Very insipring! Looking forward to your special annoucement! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

Moa said...

Such gorgeous photos, Shanon! I love your poetic description of the flower beds too... :)

Lori said...

You are inspiring- making the flowers that are dying or dead look beautiful, warm and peaceful. I love fall!

Jen M said...

Shanon ~ I cannot wait to find out what your special announcement is!!! Jen M

shanon said...

Hey Jen! The special announcement is my anniversary giveaway, one post up! Make sure to enter quick, as it ends tonight! =)