Thursday, October 29, 2009

(Recipe Thursday)

This week I got a hankering for humus. Humus is so amazingly easy to make, I thought I would share my recipe with you just in time for any last minute Halloween parties this weekend. Don't worry about leftovers, it gets even better the next day!

RECIPE

This is a double batch because I was mental and thought we needed a ton, so unless you have an extra large food processor, you'll need to do this in parts. (Edit: now days later, it doesn't seem so crazy! Yum!)


2 cans garbanzo beans
1 cup tahini
1 cup flat leaf parsley
3 garlic cloves
1 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
12 kalamata olives (pitted)
kosher salt to taste (roughly 1 tbs)

Finely mince parsley, olives, and garlic in processor first, then add the rest and go to town!

And by going to town, what I did was blend 1 can of bean, with half the lemon juice and all of the olive oil. Then I scooped that out and repeated the process with the remaining ingredients cause my food processor was getting mad. And truth be told, I actually did the olives last, by themselves, because they were a last minute addition. I assume nothing would go wrong if they were done with the parsley and garlic.


Have a great day and a Happy Halloween this weekend!

4 comments:

Hello Lindello said...

I love humus! I will have to try this.

Lori said...

Humus is great. We are having company this weekend and you just gave me my appetizer!

City Chic Country Mouse said...

Yum! Humus is sooo good! I don't have any special recipe, so I'll have to give yours a try, sounds delish!

My Owl Barn said...

I have been craving for some. I'll try this.