Monday, October 12, 2009

{Seasons Change}


I raced to the lake last Friday afternoon because I heard the dreaded word... snow. And yup, there was snow on the ground the next morning. Luckily it melted, but now today it's here again. I know that seasons change. It's one of the nice things about Minnesota. Knowing that time is limited every year to enjoy the specialness of each season, it makes us appreciate what's around us in the moment.

So, to this snow that is still falling outside my window, I'd like to say "Wait your turn! There are still green leaves that need to turn gold and red. You get more than your fair share of months here the way it is. I'll see you mid November, if that's all right with you."


That's not too much to ask, is it? =P
But if it is, I think I might haul out my Christmas decorations.
Even before Halloween. =)

6 comments:

Moa said...

I think it feels so confusing when the weather decides to play games like that. When the leaves haven't even turned yellow it feels very wrong with snow! I want to have at least one more month of autumn before it starts snowing, but we'll see what happens.

Christmas feels very far away too, but I know that time always races so I guess it's just around the corner :)

Have a lovely, snowy day :)

PS. Gorgeous photos...

shanon said...

Moa, how confused will I make myself if I start drinking hot cocoa and dragging out the Christmas decorations? I'm really thinking about it, cause sometimes the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" is the only thing that works! =)

City Chic Country Mouse said...

I'm telling Winter to stay away too. We'll see if it listens, so far no good. I'm not happy to see snow, but I have to admit it sure is gorgeous out there.

It was good to see you this weekend! Your display looked awesome!

Hello Lindello said...

I could take a few more weeks of fall too, but as I'm typing this little snowflakes are tapping at my window...its coming!

jacqueline said...

It starts snowing already? Gorgeous photos. Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

Lori said...

NO it is NOT asking too much. I agree and am talking to the snow as well.