Friday, October 9, 2009

I like things in 3's, unless there is a chance of snow!

Hi there and happy Friday! Gosh, has it been a week since I've popped in here? Sorry! I've been busy with the Showcase at W7 Collective, but now it's in full swing and going well, so I wanted to show up and just "girl talk" with you about some design inspirations I'm having today.

I'm thinking of trying this in our basement. Our badly-in-need-of-a-makeover basement. I love the look of a couch pushed right up to a wall of shelves. It's always hard to know what to do with bookcases. They take up so much space and I like the idea of not avoiding them. And besides, who needs those bottom shelves anyway. I always feel bad for the books I stick there!

Awhile ago I did a post about mirrors in the kitchen. We are still in the process of putting our kitchen together, and I found this outtake from that post. I have two cabinets that open out like french doors, and go all the way to the ceiling. I wonder what it would look like if I inserted mirrors into them? Our kitchen is narrow and kind of dark. I bet it would really open the space and reflect light. What do you think?

I wish I had one more image/inspiration to share with you, I like things in threes! Haha But I really should get out and take some Fall shots. I heard there is a chance of snow tomorrow! Yuck. =( I hope you are having a pleasant Friday and have a great weekend to look forward to. And of course, if you are in Minnesota, check out W7 Collective. I know there is a studded leather bracelet and a yummy cowel scarf with my name on them. Unless you get there first I suppose! Happy Friday!

(images from Domino Magazine and House Beautiful.)

4 comments:

Moa said...

I like the couch in front of the bookcase too, it looked cosy and homey.

I don't think I've seen that many mirrors in the kitchen, but I did like it in the photo you posted here.

How crazy that you might get snow - I remember you talking about the hot weather just a few weeks ago! We're having about +5C here right now, which is ok. I was out on a little photo walk today, for the first time in a long time. Now I'll just have to edit the photos... maybe I'll feel like that tomorrow :)

City Chic Country Mouse said...

Please don't say the S-word yet! If we get any of that this weekend, I may not come out of the house =0 But I do hope to make it to W7. Have a wonderful weekend!

shanon said...

I can't wait to see your photos Moa! I need to get out and shoot asap! =)

Jamie, I'll be so irritated if it snows. I might lose it! haha I'll be over there tomorrow afternoon with some friends. Maybe I'll see you!

jacqueline said...

Oh my adore these photos...loving the mirrors in the kitchen! Hope your having a wonderful sunday and love to you!