
Found, is what I call this post and it's what I named this recent diptych. For the dip I used a photo taken last year, of a bowl I found in a Charleston, S.C. thrift shop and a photo I "found" in a folder of Fall shots I had taken and subsequently abandoned.
I feel a little lost at the moment, but I have faith that not only will I be found, but that I will find my own way. I know things always work out in the end. I have learned this from years of worrying and over-reacting at the beginning of something, only to be proven that I had nothing to fear later on.
When you feel lost at work, or when you are trying to learn something, or when you feel lost relationship-wise what do you do?
Have you ever found an object that you instantly loved? Or found something you didn't know you even had? What did you do with it?
Being lost can be good, right? I hope so. =)
6 comments:
Shanon - you're such a good writer!I am thoroughly enjoying reading your blog :)
Being lost CAN be a good thing! I totally agree, even though (like you) I can sometimes feel stressed out at the not-knowing. When I feel lost, I try to remember that, most of the time, I'll be just fine if I just tread water and wait for the tide to bring me back to shore. I think having faith in others helps too - knowing that the people who love me will be there no matter what, to help ground me when life's uncertainties arise. Given all of the uncertainty in our lives right now, I think your blog post is especially relevant. So many people are losing their jobs, their homes and their hope. It's so easy to feel lost. Worry has a way of sucking the joy out of life and your blog is like a gentle reminder to embrace those things that bring a measure of happiness and meaning to our lives.
This is beautiful Kelly:
"When I feel lost, I try to remember that, most of the time, I'll be just fine if I just tread water and wait for the tide to bring me back to shore."
In fact, everything you wrote is beautiful. I'm so glad I can count on you to "get" what I'm talking about and to expound on it. Thank you!
Oh, I so know what you're talking about... I'm constantly over reacting and worrying myself crazy over things, and then later on I realize that it turned out pretty ok and that all the worry was needless. But I guess it's a human thing to worry about the big expanse of blank life pages that haven't been written on yet... Hope you find your way back soon!
xoxo
Moa, you're the best and the sweetest! Big {hugs} to you! =)
And sometime this winter we need to make another diptych together. ; )
I believe we all have days/moments like this..I am hoping you find what you are looking for soon...xo t
Thanks Mrs. French. =)
Post a Comment