Thursday, November 20, 2008

Have a Shot!


Have a shot... or two! Or three! Okay, okay, don't develop a drinking problem. =P I just wanted to tell you that I took some new merchandising shots for my Etsy shop. This is my third go 'round with merchandising shots. I don't know what it is. I just never like them. They never feel as homey as I'd like. Or it's a cloudy day and I don't have good lighting in the house. But I think I'm feeling satisfied with these. I want to add at least one more. I want to shoot two frames in our hallway, cause we have the prettiest vintage wallpaper there. But natural light is sorta lacking in that space right now. Haha

So, tomorrow is Friday! Yippee! =) I hope you all have fun plans. I think I'm going to a minor league hockey game. I totally don't get hockey. I really don't. It's a shame too, our University of Minnesota Golden Gophers have a great team. But the only other time I went to a hockey game was in Augusta, Georgia. I find it so funny that my only hockey game was when we lived down south.
But basically, sit me down with a bunch of nachos and I'll pretty much do anything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Find out which goal is "ours". When the puck goes in that goal, cheer loudly! And enjoy those nachos!

Moa said...

Oh, I just love that top one! What a fab way to display it with all those white tones and the beautiful light... Love that little clock too!

Also, do you have magically green fingers? We have a plant like that (it's called wardrobe plant in swedish, don't know what it's called in english) and it doesn't look anything like yours. It's just thre thin stems pointing in different directions, something's definitely gone wrong there, lol :)

shanon said...

Haha, Maria, excellent advice! =)

Moa, I'm hit or miss with plants. Some I kill, some grow like nuts. I only kill about a 1/4 maybe, so that's good! I've had this plant for 1 1/2 years, and new shoots pop up all the time. I think it must like lots of sun?

Moa said...

Well you must do something right with it, that's for sure! The funny thing is that here they're marketed as plants who will survive anything, and they're called wardrobe plants because they can stand in a wardrobe - they don't need or want much sun.

But no matter what I do with mine, window or no window, lots of water och little water, it looks half sick :) The only time it looked really healthy was when I had left it to its own devices over the summer, and the self watering contraption hadn't worked. So it stood on the kitchen table, with the blinds down and no water - then it looked really nice, LOL.