Happy Monday! How was your weekend?We put in a circle fire pit patio over the last few days. It really is only a 1 day project, but we like to take things slow. Take many breaks. Sit back and ponder things. ; )
Now it's a new week. What will it have in store? Last week I did something quite unusual... I wrote a post every single day! I wonder if I keep that up this week? Hmmmm... It was really fun to share my thoughts and inspirations daily with you, and it's been something nice to focus on during my recovery other than every ache and pain. So let's see where this new week takes us. I hope it will be a wonderful week for us both!
And I think hauling out the fire pit this evening might be a good place to start.
6 comments:
Weekend was lovely thanks! Hope you're feeling better, happy new week.
Kris
Love your project! We usually have a few fires in our fire bowl in the summer evenings, very nice with a glass of wine :) Have a great week!
hi Shanon, so jealous of your clematis - we just recently planted two tiny ones, I'm hoping they'll climb our maple tree. We've also been thinking about buying a fire pit - was it hard to make your own fire pit patio? x Marichelle
Hi Marichelle!
The things I know about clematis are that they need full sun, but that the base/roots need to be shaded. So people usually plant something in front of them to keep the bast out of the sun. Also, they need something tiny to grab on to. I've read that they can't grab anything bigger than 1/2 inch. In fact, I had to wind some fishing line up my trellis and along my window here, so that it had something smaller to wrap itself on because it wasn't grabbing the slats. You'll probably know by the 2nd year if your clematis likes where it's living. My took off like crazy it's 2nd year. Good luck with yours! What color did you buy? I'm always so impressed with the multitude of clematis that is out there. =)
The patio was super easy to put together. We really could have gotten it done in one day if we stayed on task! ; ) I can send/post you a link to the instructions we used once I find it. I do know that Home Depot sells kits, but for what we did a kit would have been twice as expensive.
Here is the design we started from: http://www.sunset.com/garden/backyard-projects/instant-patio-00400000011909/ But we improvised (since we didn't need it as large) by making our own 12" circular cement piece for the center, and had a few less rows. And we also filled it in with sand instead of mortor because we aren't planning on walking on it.
Hope the link is helpful!
Post a Comment