Monday, August 17, 2009

Call me Vain

The summer issue of Vain Magazine is out, and guess who is in it? Ta-da! Me. Let me tell you how flattering that is! My favorite thing about their mission is the idea that Vain should be viewed "...as a building block, not a wall." That really speaks to me. The idea that artists are helping each other, that we expand together and keep going. It's amazing and so important.

So, I hope you have a chance to check out an issue, where you'll find not only this diptych, but a couple other photos of mine as well (Yay!) and tons of work by other artists, poets, writers, and more. I mean, really. How cool is that?

Happy Monday!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Shanon, that is indeed really cool! happy week to you!

City Chic Country Mouse said...

That's wonderful! I'll have to check it out.

beth said...

I will have to check it out !....congrats !
and this humidity in wisconsin....just like yours I'm guessing....YUCK !

july spoiled us more than we knew !

Marisa and Creative Thursday said...

that is WAY cool!! Congratulations Shanon!

rachel said...

Congrats! It's very exciting to have your work in print :)

Lori said...

Super cool! Congratulations!

jacqueline said...

Congrats Shano, its soooo cool!! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to yoU!

parrott design studio said...

congrats, Shanon!