Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's all pink and there were ruffles.


Hi there! It's Wednesday already. Where does the week go? I kinda like it when we speed right on through to Wednesday though, don't you? I get energized and start making weekend plans. Sometimes big ones, like road trips, and sometimes just small ones, like what I want to cook for dinner Friday night. Wednesday just seems to get me jazzed.

Last night I was out shooting the yarrow (above) that is now fading and dying. It's so pretty in this state. There's more character and subtle charm. It's really happy and in-your-face bright red all summer, but now it's got a blushing romantic way about it. I really like it. And it got me thinking about what I wear. Weird. That is a leap that doesn't really make tons of sense, huh? But my mind jumps around a lot, as am sure most do. ; ) And I was thinking about the dresses that I own and never wear. The frillier things that I never put on because I'm just more basic and a little sport/cargo/denim-y. I wonder what I'm waiting for. I wonder if I subconsciously think these things will affect my personality. I don't consider myself girlie really, but I must have thought that the items were "me" when I bought them.

Hmmmm... so maybe this Wednesday I'll make weekend plans to wear a dress. Or something frilly. Or even both! Haha Well. We'll see. I think I'll plan something involving food and getting in the car too. You know, just in case I wind up in a black tank and cargo pants again.

6 comments:

melissa loves said...

Sigh.....these are absolutely gorgeous hun! I love them and love your thoughts on both...I think, you should put on that dress and dance among the yarrow :)
xo
Melis

City Chic Country Mouse said...

Love these! You should definitely wear that dress! I love to start thinking about the weekend ahead of time as well...it's not that far away :)

Moa said...

Such gorgeous shots! I recognize what you're talking about, I sometimes buy clothes that I later end up not wearing. This summer I bought a top which I felt hesistant about in the store, but still bought - then I almost felt like I wouldn't dare to wear it, because it felt too cool. But then I sort of got over some barrier and started wearing it and now i love it :) Sometimes you just have to get used to a different "you" :)

Kjersti said...

You should def. wear that dress. I've embarced summer-dresses this summer, after not wearing any at all ever. I'm sure you'll end up gorgeosly in a frilly dress :) It just takes time to get used to not wearing what you're used too.

Oh and I also make plans on wednesday. The work-week is half done and it fits to start thinking about the weekend :)

Hello Lindello said...

Love that flower picture. I know what you mean about the clothes thing. I set things aside and think "no, i cant wear that there. i'll save it for another night", but that never comes. Lately I've been putting on clothes I've held off on. It feels good.

{The Perfect Palette} said...

whats not to love about pink?