Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A story of good light & my impatience

On Friday I mentioned that I'd be back with some new photographs for the shop. It's Tuesday and they are still in the works. I guess I got ahead of myself! Do you ever do that? Have something you are excited about and then jump the gun telling people about? Then you feel rushed, like you better hurry up and get it out there, since you've already mentioned it. And since you are excited, everyone else in the world MUST be waiting impatiently as well. ; )

But I'm figuring out that either I shouldn't say anything so quickly, shouldn't lock myself into a date unless I know for sure I'll be ready, or shouldn't worry if I can't unveil something when I said I would. One or all of the above fits my situation right now. So I'm stopping this snowball that's been rolling down the hill, picking up speed, and making me nervous. I need to take my time. Make sure that everything is just right. And get some nice merchandising shots taken. Which is in itself a whole other story! Can you imagine how hard merchandising shots are when you don't have one single neutral wall in your house that gets good light? Ha!

8 comments:

Lori said...

I have done that too many times to count. Everything always seems to take longer and I get impatient. But really everything is happening at the perfect time (at least that is what I tell myself!)

City Chic Country Mouse said...

I have the same lighting issue in my house :) Take your time and don't feel pressured, everything will work out perfectly.

Maria said...

I use the white sheets on my unmade bed for a lightbox!!! I just have to watch out for wrinkles. How lazy is that???

Hello Lindello said...

I know the feeling! I seem to always find myself in this situation. Luckily, people are pretty understanding in the blog and etsy world so it becomes easier. JUST TAKE A DEEP BREATH and do what you need to do, NO RUSH!

Kolleen said...

i can completely relate! and once you do that...the pressure starts to mount to GET IT DONE!! I saw the comment you left on Lori's blog at Happiness through Art so thought i would check out yours! Glad I did!!! Beautiful work!!

Mrs.French said...

I have had an update in the words for way too long...take your time, we are not going anywhere...xo t

jacqueline said...

I too have that too many times. :)Take your time and take it easy! Hope your having a lovely merry happy week so far. Love to you!

parrott design studio said...

I have done this many times before. I would get myself so worked up for not meeting a "deadline" which was only self-imposed. Now I am more relaxed...I still have deadlines, but like you said, I do not say anything unless I know for sure! Or, I don't say anything and "sneak" things into my shop! :)