Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's another Glory morning

I'm sitting here waiting for the phone to ring. The nurse should be calling me soon about this gosh darn fluid. I hope there is not a big long needle in my future, but then again, I'm so tough (hehe) that I'll take it, just to get this over with.

I'm also waiting today to find out when my sister's flight gets in. She lives in San Diego and I have to pick her up at the airport. I saw the weather report this morning, and she's in for a few thunderstorms while she's in Minnesota. I wonder if that's good or bad. If it doesn't rain or storm much in San Diego it might be a nice change of pace. Wonder if she'll look at it that way? ; )

I'm also sitting here thinking about the fact that it is August. And the MIDDLE of August. Did I get what I wanted to get done so far this summer? I'd have to say, not really. My dumb surgery at the end of June really took a bite out of my summer plans. But why then do I feel happy? Why don't I feel robbed? Maybe because I was forced to have a low key summer. We enjoyed the little things. And I don't think we've ever laughed more. The gardens are huge, it hasn't been too hot, we are happy, and there are still months to go before the snow starts flying.

Oh, and the morning glories are blooming. =)

8 comments:

Moa said...

Oh, this is such a gorgeous shot! I love the softness and the blue tones...

I hope you'll get rid of that fluid - in the nicest possible way :)

I'm really glad to hear that you've had a good summer, despite your surgery. It's probably good for the soul to have low key summers when you can think a lot and just relax - I wish I'd had more time to do that :)

leslie said...

Have fun with your sis...and I hope you feel better! Savor low key times... they are gifts of space in one's life -seriously!

Anna said...

That fluid thing sounds terrible, but that photo is lovely. I love the soft light.

Tracy said...

Hi, Shanon! Do hope all goes well...for you & yours sister too! Thinking of you both... And hope you have the weekend to relax and enjoy. Thanks for visiting--great to see you. :o)

Jan's camera said...

That photo is so lovely. It is not easy to capture the beauty of a morning glory. Well done.

Lori said...

Gotta love low key summers- that is just right. Beautiful photo!

Catherine dee Auvil said...

Beautiful!

Misti said...

Blog hopping here and I love your little site. I love the morning glory and how you've processed it.