Sunday, August 9, 2009

Confetti Sunday

I don't know how the weather is where you are, but geesh it is HOT and HUMID here! That is my least favorite combination. Ewwww.
We planted a smoke bush and some becky shasta daisies. I don't know why we did this in such weather. I suppose it's because that was what the plan was, and we stuck to it. There are only so many weekends in the summer. You gotta get things done!
So before escaping inside to the air conditioning I snapped a few pics of the garden. Everything is so pretty, and so full of color and bits of light, but dang it's nicer to be inside right now!


Happy Confetti Sunday!

Oh! And p.s. I want to say a giant thank you to Kat from Secrets of a Butterfly, for her wonderful spotlight on my photography yesterday. Kat, you are a beautiful sweetheart, and I'm so glad to call you a blogging and flower loving friend. =)

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Hello, Shanon! Just saw your wonderful feature at Kat's Secrets of a Butterfly and am very glad to find your lovely blog! Your photographs are stunning and like entering a dream-world. I look forward to visiting again. I have a lifestyle-craft blog, and later this week I will be launching my new photography blog--very excited! Happy Days :o)

Moa said...

It's been really warm here too for a week or two. I'm really happy in a way since we've had such crappy weather this summer, but at the same time it's really trying when it's too warm...

Kathryn said...

Hehe!! Jus spotted your note to me that's so kind S you are a treasure...i'm so glad we are blog friends too.. I like how we follow the same blogs I often see what you've said over at melis's or hol's or ez's blogs and it makes a community feel. Iv also been in touch with moa before she's so nice as is Tracy who I see posted here too :)
love n sweetpeas(from my garden) if I could send u a real bunch I would!!
Kat xx

shanon said...

Thank you so very much Tracy!

Moa, it's been muggy and humid here this week, which is typically what summers are like here, and I can't stand it. This summer we've avoided it for so long! =) But remember, at the beginning we said we'd try not to complain. ; ) So, I'm just hiding inside. hehehe

Hi Kat! It's so neat to hear familiar voices around the internet, on different blogs. =) I would LOVE some of your sweetpeas! I planted a few, but I didn't plan well, so they are kind of hopeless. The are only white. I think you have many colors that I'd adore!