Monday, August 24, 2009

{Time Flies}

Summertime is winding down. I feel a shift coming, and I love the tipping points of seasons, when one spills into another. I'm looking forward to the State Fair next week and I wonder what will win out-- taking photographs or stuffing my face? I can't wait for the food! And then we will roll into September. What will September bring? I'm looking forward to college football, and fields at harvest. Baking pies and drinking ciders. Wearing sweaters and getting a new pair of boots.

What are you doing for the last week of summer? ...if it is summer where you are. And what are you looking forward to in September?

(image property of Cherry Blossom Girl)

9 comments:

City Chic Country Mouse said...

I do love Fall, I just don't like the long winter that comes after it! We are planning our deck which will be partially built this Fall and finished up in the Spring - can't wait! And I love going to the Bayfield Apple Festival in WI, last year we had terrific sunny weather and I am hoping it will be nice again this year. Have you ever been?

parrott design studio said...

I love the changes Fall brings, it is my favorite time of year. My birthday falls during the last week of August, so I spend most of it lounging around and eatting good food. This September I looking forward to going to the Brimfield Antique Show. I must agree sweaters and boots are some of my favorite aspects of fall as well!

shanon said...

It's funny you mention the winter part, Jamie. I'm trying so hard not to think about that. It's a bummer that it comes after such a nice season. =) I've never been to Bayfield but I always hear great things. We've not even been up to Duluth in ages, it's terrible. So, Bayfield will have to go behind that on the list. ; )

Moa said...

I think this time of the year is kind of bittersweet. In one way I'm clinging on to summer with all I've got, and at the same time there is a fresh feeling to starting your work again, the kids coming back to school etc.

For us this is the season for picking berries. Martin picked raspberries on a free day the other week. Last saturday we picked some blueberries and in the coming weeks we'll be picking lingonberries (or cowberries as I believe they're also called)...

jacqueline said...

I love fall...tho it's always summer here. The state fair looks like fun! Wish i could go too...

I'm looking forward to e-course with Marisa, wedding gifts projects and quilting project in sept! :)

Have a lovely merry happy day and love to yoU!

shanon said...

You sneaked in Sarah. =) I hope you have a great birthday and have many warm boots and sweaters to come!

Moa, I think it's just dreamy to think about all your berry picking. Berries are just about my favorite food. I think I'd plop down in a patch and eat my self into a coma. ; )

I'll try to post pictures of the fair for you, Jacqueline. Have fun with Marisa, she's so lovely. =)

Hello Lindello said...

I wish I could attend the fair this year. I really wanted to try the chocolate covered bacon!

Claire Mercado-Obias said...

I don't want to say goodbye to summer yet! I want to dig my toes in the sand, take a dip in the water, drink a lemonade while devouring a good summer read, gaze at the bikinis & flipflops that are already on clearance and make a nice berry pie. Ah...summer, I love you!

shanon said...

Haha, Lindello! =) Everything on a stick cracks me up. Have you heard the commercial about Summit on a stick?

Oh, Claire, your comment is the sweetest tribute to summer. xoxo