Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A girl's heaven...

...is found in pink petals. Wouldn't you agree?
=)


I can't believe that I'm going to admit this, but the last while I've completely ignored my garden. By the end of August, after months of yard work, when the humidity heats up, I get maxed out. I just want to sit in air conditioning and have clean nails.


At this point my flowerbeds are so completely overgrown I don't even know where to start. Last night when I finally ventured out with a scissors to deadhead the geraniums and zinnias I felt that overwhelming feeling again. I think I'm going to have to force myself to do a short of "slash and burn." I like wild and free gardens, but things are just crazy here!


But I suppose it is a good thing that I'm feeling this way, you know, with September and Fall right around the corner. At least I won't be hauled into it kicking and screaming.

Oh, and good news! I wanted to share with you that the fluid from my surgery this summer is almost gone and I'm feeling much better. I can't believe how weak my stomach muscles are however. Last week when I visited the doctor he told me I wasn't allowed to do sit-ups or crunches. Do you have any advice on moves I could do to gently build their strength?

6 comments:

City Chic Country Mouse said...

I wish I had those flowers in my kitchen, they are lovely! My yard is out of control as well. Oh maybe it's that it never really was under control :) Don't know much about the exercise, are you ok with brisk walking? That's about the only exercise I get around to, since I have two dogs to motivate me!

jacqueline said...

Those are such lovely flowers! So happy to know your getting better and the fluid is almost gone!
I used to have gestric and at one point it gotten quite bad...and the doctor too told me not to do sit ups or crunches. And i didn't train my stomach muscles till i fully recover.

Now i try to work on these muscles while holding my spine straight, like planks or leg drops. I lie flat on my back, with my hands at the base of my spine for added support. Raise my legs up at a 90 degree angle, then slowly lower until they’re only inches from the ground. Repeat until my stomach feels the burn.

I think it's best to try not to do any heavy duty stomach muscles execise till you fully recover. Maybe its best to seek doctor advice on what you can do to build these muscles?

Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you! Take good carez! *hugz*

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Oh, these are so pretty hun! I am sorry I don't really have any stomach advice...I am so glad you are feeling better though!
xo
Melis

Moa said...

Oh my, such pretty flowers!

We've totally ignored our balcony flowers this past month. Since we came home from our little honeymoon we've barely even watered them and only two look alive, but I just don't have the energy to take care of them now. And we don't even sit on our balcony now that it's getting colder, so I guess it doesn't matter, but I still feel a bit guilty about it :)

Tracy said...

Hi, Shanon...very glad you are doing better now. Would you be allowed to do yoga? Even gentle postures can be strengthening. Love your zinnia...pink zinnas are so summery! :o)

Lori said...

I am happy to hear you are feeling that way about your gardens- I can totally relate. This happens to me every summer at the end and I just kind of want fall to get here so I can let go of it because it is too overwhelming. I'm glad you are feeling better.